Wednesday, February 6, 2008

There's a Pinecone in my Refrigerator


There's a pinecone in my refrigerator, between the processed cheese food and the moldy leftovers. I usually have canned goods on my bookshelves, and when I can't find my shoes, I know I'll have the best luck if I check the bathtub first. Sometimes these rearrangements are annoying, but usually they just make me smile. I know some day the kids will grow up and everything will stay where it's supposed to, until I get old and demented and misplace things myself. Well, I always have that to look forward to. Here's Sally reorganizing the kitchen cabinets.


5 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Cute post. Like you I try to have a positive outlook when I'm looking for things. Usually it ends up the same though~lost in some totally unusual place and I find it weeks or even months later. Gotta love the little ones!

Ranae said...

One time we looked for DAYS for Kelsey's very costly retainers. We emptied the inside garbages, then resorted to emptying the outside ones as well. We tore beds, closets, drawers, etc. apart, all the time fervently praying for a miracle. Finally, in total despair, we looked in the very last place we could think to look. Yep, you guessed it. The retainers were in a retainer case, thanks to a little 2 year old brother. My how time flies!!

G-Dawg and the Fam said...

Sally was probably saving that pinecone in the fridge for a snack for Caleb!
Isn't it the worst when it's your keys and your already late... I'll have to remember your motto for those times.
I love reading your posts! Keep them coming!

-Ginger

Robert said...

You're actually quite lucky. You could have kids that are as OCD as you are. Then they start to tell you that you have put something away wrong.

Jim & Tomi said...

Jennie these are so fun to read! I love the picture of Sally reorganizing the cupboards. I have several cupboards that just look like kids have been rifling through them.